We at ITD World (managed by MITD Sdn Bhd), and our servants and agents, which means ITD World and its subsidiaries from time to time and their subsidiaries, (“we”, “us”, “our” or ” ITD World ” as the context requires) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- “data user” is ITD World and/or any of ITD World subsidiaries, agents or servants from time to time.
- “website” is any of www.itdworld.com or www.itd.com.my or any other website, RSS feed or phone registration operated by us from time to time.
Information which we collect about you
1.1 We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information which you provide to us from any of the input areas within the website.
- Information which you provide to us by any other means including (without limitation) telephone, fax or post.
If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
How we use your personal information
2.1 We use personal information held about you in the following ways:
- to process your application.
- to allow you to participate in any interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- to notify you about changes to our service.
- to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to keep you informed (with your consent) by electronic means, or other means, of information about services and products that we think may be of interest to you.
- marketing related information (with your consent).
2.2 ITD World or their authorized representatives, partners or subsidiaries will take all reasonable precautions to protect the security of your data however we cannot be liable to you for any loss or damage suffered by you as a result of an unauthorized third party having accessed your information.
2.3 Where you use our website to submit a registration, we may invite you to participate in surveys intended to assist us in the development of our services or for enhancement of courses/programs in which you have expressed interest. Whilst your views will be welcome to us, there is no obligation for you to respond. You will be given details of the purpose of the survey and the parties who will undertake it.
2.4 We may, on occasion, be required to undertake a check of your identity. This will be conducted in confidence. We will normally discuss this with you prior to carrying out any identity checks.
Disclosure of your personal data
3.1 ITD World shall not sell, distribute or disclose any personal data collected EXCEPT:
- to the relevant legal authorities as permitted by PDPA 2010;
- in compliance with the requirements of any law enforcement agency, court order or legal process;
- to affiliated partner’s of ITD World for the purpose of fulfilling ITD World’s obligations to you in respect of the services for which the personal data is collected;
- to MITD Sdn Bhd, who is the management authority for ITD World;
- to third parties who provide data processing services or other services related to the purposes for which the personal data is collected.
3.2 By entering into a contract of service with us, you hereby give your consent to us to retain and use your personal data.
3.3 Please take note that you are also subjected to the Personal Data Protection Policy of ITD World when you access to this website.
Communicating with you
4.1 The information we collect from you in connection with your registration will include (without limitation) your name; postal and email address; and telephone numbers, both office and mobile. If any of these details change, it is important that you tell us straight away so that we can communicate with you about your registration.
4.2 We will normally communicate with you by electronic means in respect of any registration made by you.
4.3 You may contact us by any of the methods set out on our Contact us page of the website. If you have any questions about our use of your personal data, please write to ITD World, 23-A, 23rd Floor, Menara Northam, 55 Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah, 10050 Penang, Malaysia.
Commercial mailings from ITD World
5.1 From time to time we may use your personal information to send you general information (‘Mailings’) by post, email or SMS, such as (without limitation), information relating to our courses/programs.
5.3 We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
5.4 If you do not wish your personal information to be used by us to send you third party mailings by post you must ensure that you tick the appropriate box on the registration page.
5.5 If you wish to receive third party information by text, email or both you should tick the appropriate boxes on the registration page.
5.6 You may, at any time, withdraw your permission for ITD World to use your personal information for the purposes of sending mailings by writing to ITD World, 23-A, 23rd Floor, Menara Northam, 55 Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah, 10050 Penang, Malaysia, or by emailing us at email@example.com.
IP addresses, cookies and links
6.1 We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify you as an individual.
6.3 The website may contain links that make it easy for you to visit other websites. ITD World does not have any control over these websites. Therefore, if you use these links to leave ITD World and visit websites operated by third parties, ITD World cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting these websites.
Your right to ask to see the information we hold about you
7.1 Upon the coming into force of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 you may request for us to provide you with details of personal information that we hold about you. If you want to make a request for this information you should write to ITD World at the address given in section 3.3 above.
Changes to the policy
8.1 If there are any amendments to The Enterprise’s Personal Data Protection Policy, it will be updated on this page.
Access, Corrections and Complaints
9.1 You may request to access, view, update or removal of your personal data by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any request will be subjected to a fee and also to requirements under the PDPA Act 2010.